A Day in London

by - April 03, 2015

I had to make my way to London for a university applicant day and I dragged a friend to go along with me. If you're going to go to London, might as well make a day out of it - I mean come on, it's LONDON! So we were your typical tourists.

The London Bridge, just WOW. It was such a nice and sunny day, it was so great seeing all the tourist attractions.

 
You know what, I could never-ever figure out how these street performers manage to float in the air so when I got  home I had to google it and it's quite interesting but I won't spoil it for you.

 

After sight-seeing we made our way to Oxford Street for some shopping because why not, and I find it incredible how every single shop has artwork or things for sale that feature 'I love London' in some way, and if I would have the money I would buy it all! 



This was my first time going to Oxford Street, and I loved it! Even though there's so many people, it was pretty cool. I tried my best to capture the busyness but it was hard to get a good picture without being pushed or shoved, whoops.



 The thing that I was most excited to go to London for is to visit their Chipotle because it seems like it is a big hit over in The States so I really wanted to give it a go (because I'm soOo American), and what can I say? It did not disappoint. It was only a ten minute walk from Oxford Street and the layout of the streets was so simple it was hard to get lost which is a huge plus for me.

I had ordered the chicken burrito with white rice, mild salsa and cheese along with chips and fresh salsa on the side. Honestly it was one of the best things I have ever had, but my excitement to go to Chipotle might have been clouding my judgement a bit. But no doubt that it was delicious. I cannot wait to go back. 


 After our very late lunch we made our way back to Oxford Street as our energy levels were back up and so we shopped some more. I love how late these shops are open until! Everything here closes at around 5 ish. I did not manage to purchase much as we spent most of our time in Selfridges and I spotted the Givenchy that I've been wanting and that cost around £1200 and there is no way I can afford that. So all downhearted we went home. 

That just made me realise how much I love being in a busy city as right now I live in a very rural area even though I spent most of my life being in cities. So I'm hoping that this September I am able to move to London for university and I get to experience this every day. I guess I am a city girl at heart.


You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Great post! I love spending time in London and specifically Selfridges! Good luck with University! I wish I went to uni in London but I've got my fingers crossed to move up there soon! :) Earned a subbie on Bloglovin'! ;) xx

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/gemma-plumb-13470899

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thankyou!! And yeah London is an amazing place so I hope it works out for you ;) Your blog is amazing btw! xx

      Delete
  2. It's been a while since I've been in London. This makes me want to revisit this great city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos, I must visit soon! It's only a 40min train ride for me xx
    www.emilyjanewebb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, that's not too far!! And great blog by the way, earned yourself another follower xx

      Delete