Lunch at a French Bistro

by - April 19, 2015

Yesterday my mum and I went to Leamington for some lunch and we stumbled across this cute French Bistro called Pierre. Now, I haven't been to a French restaurant for around 4 years as the last time I have been to one was in Park City, USA and back then I tried a pie full of snails...Yes. So I was quite cautious this time.
 

The restaurant itself was quite fancy but still very cosy and frankly very affordable. 


So as I was playing it safe with food I ordered the Burger Maison (Translation: House Burger. Who says high school French isn't useful?) which was pretty damn good! It was cooked perfectly and had huge slices of pickles which I love!! The fries were also super delicious and they looked quite crispy but they were really soft and yummy. As for the salad, I'm a huge lover of all salad apart from one type and that is rocket salad, and this contained a whole bunch of rockets but I still ate it, the burger took away the bitter taste. So apart from the rockets, everything else was absolutely lovely.

For dessert I had the Chocolate Tart (It was as actually called something fancy in French but I forgot) with raspberry coulis. It was really good!
Whenever I hear raspberry coulis It always reminds me of that episode of Friends when Joey orders a cheesecake and then questions the waiter about it "There seems to be some sort of red crap on my cheesecake" which always has me in hysterics - Anyway I hope you know what I'm talking about.
But yes, we had pretty nice lunch and definitely better than my last time having French Food, snails are not that nice believe it or not and they do not taste like mushrooms! As many people like to say. I am definitely visiting Pierre again.

What is your favourite cuisine?



You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. The food looks so delicious! My favourite cuisine at the moment is Chinese :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete