Music Festival Packing Essentials

by - September 02, 2015


So the festival season is pretty much over, yes, however I have just got back from my first music festival which was Reading Festival 2015 and it was incredible! (a whole post about my experience will be posted shortly) and I thought to make a list of all the essential things that were really useful or that I should have taken to avoid spending more money than needed just as a guideline for next time. Hopefully this will help you too.

1) Wellies
I was that stupid person that thought I wouldn't need them just because there was a little bit of rain, so I just wore my Doc Marten boots, and oh my God was that a HUGE mistake! There were HUGE puddles of just pure mud that we had to walk through and I got mud even inside my boots which took forever to clean. Then the next morning I ran to the supermarket so I could buy some wellies.

2) Phone/Camera

3) Money
Food and everything else is ridiculously overpriced, so you would need quite a bit of cash to just feed yourself.

4) Toilet Paper
The toilets were so much worse than I expected, so if you get the chance to purchase luxury toilet passes or whatever, do it!

5) Wet wipes
Some showers can be absolutely disgusting, so wet wipes will become your new best friend.

6) Dry Shampoo
As some showers can be disgusting, you will need to think alternative ways to make your hair look fresh.

7) Flip-flops
If you do use the showers, you really don't want to be standing there barefoot. Some girls even wore their wellies. Also a swimming costume or a bikini will be handy as showers tend to be communal.

8) Portable Charger

9) Ear plugs or headphones
It was pretty much noisy 24/7 so if you're trying to get some sleep, you will need something to block out the sound.

10) Plenty of socks 
What's more uncomfortable than having to wear wet socks?

11) Outfits for every type of weather
You can never accurately predict the weather. The weekend that we went it was meant to be just rain, but it was quite sunny and warm for the most part, so a variety of outfits will be beneficial.

12) A small bag to take to the arena
Don't be that person that takes a huge backpack into the arena which then ends up hitting other people. Take a small bag which can fit your phone and some money and you're set.

13) Torch

14) Blanket
I took a blanket as well as a sleeping bag and I was so glad that I did because it was very chilly at night.

15) Pillow
Unless you're comfortable sleeping on the floor, a pillow is very handy to prevent various neck-aches in the morning. Whether that's an inflatable pillow, or just a pillowcase stuffed with clothes, it comes in handy.





You May Also Like

0 comments